What is included in the price of a charter?
As our guests on board, your charter includes:
- All fishing equipment you will need including top of the line rods and reels and choices of over 1000 lures on board
- Fishing instruction- our professional crew will guide you on how to bring in your fish to the boat if you wish.
- There is no experience necessary. Take advantage of our daily experience in these Lake Ontario waters to help you bring it in!
- Great Ontario Salmon Derby ticket entry for each customer on board ( a $100 value per person)
- Experienced Captain and first mate
- FREE refreshments during your charter (soda, pop & water)
What times are the charters?
Our departure times are flexible but we regularly schedule 2 x 6 hour charters per day, 7 days per week. The morning charter normally departs at 6:30 AM and the afternoon charter departs at 2 PM. If 6:30 AM is too early for you we can be flexible.
How long is the fishing season?
Our fishing season is from May until early September. Please book in advance to get your first choice date. Some Derby dates still remaining!
What size are the fish in Lake Ontario?
A range between 1 LB to even 40+ LBS! It depends on age of course and they are all fun to catch!
What should you bring?
Dress for the weather that day:
- sunglasses, hat, sunblock
- a sweater or light jacket- it’s always a 5 to10 degrees cooler (celcuis) out on the water, especially early morning or evening.
- rain gear
- soft soled shoes (preferably non-marking soles)
- a camera to show everyone your prized catch!
- a cooler with ice to keep your fish fresh on your trip home.
I don’t have much fishing experience. Is this a problem?
Not at all. We will offer you as much or as little assistance as you need. All equipment set up is provided for you. Allow us to pass on our daily experience to you so you can land your fish. The fun & challenge is yours!
Do I need an Ontario Fishing License?
Yes. Before your charter, purchase a one day Ontario fishing licence for around $10 at local sporting goods store, such as Canadian Tire’s customer service counter. You are advised to call ahead since a couple no longer sell them but most do.
Do I need a Great Ontario Salmon Derby ticket?
No. It is included in the price of your charter for each customer.
Always appreciated. Many groups customarily choose to leave a gratuity for a good, professional charter service, top customer care and the bonus of professional fish cleaning.
Do you have a washroom on board?
Yes. We have a very clean washroom on board with a flush toilet.
Is motion sickness a problem?
Not usually. It really depends on the individual and is mind over matter. If you know that you are susceptible to motion sickness (if you get car or air-sick) you should take motion sickness pills 30-60 mins before your charter. We also carry motion sickness pills on board, so if you forget, don’t worry. Try ginger pills or bringing along candied ginger or ginger tea. A thermos of fresh, sliced ginger in hot water has worked well for most or even motion sickness bracelets.
Do you have a lifejacket on board?
Safety is number one. Each customer has one Department of Transport certified lifejacket in case of emergency. A personal flotation device can be comfortably worn if desired. We also carry a Ministry of Transportation approved 10 person life raft that can be deployed if a serious emergency were ever to occur on the water.
How can bad weather affect my charter?
We monitor the weather very closely by means of VHF marine weather, coast guard and environment canada reports and radar. If the weather conditions create un-safe water conditions we will, postpone, gladly reschedule or even cancel the charter before departure. Rain is ok on the lake but lightning is not. We care greatly about customer and staff safety.
Do you have information on a good taxidermist?
Yes. If you catch that trophy fish, we work with one of the best master level, world championship & award winning taxidermists.